With holiday sales expected to reach $1.19 trillion globally, it’s the most lucrative time of the year for Brands. We’re here to help your business make the most of it with influencer marketing. Spread cheer and Brand awareness this holiday season with glittering influencer marketing campaigns that put your products or services at the top of everyone’s gift list. Ready to drive sales faster than Santa’s sleigh? Follow Glewee’s Guide to Holiday Influencer Marketing and create campaigns that dazzle and deliver.
The Importance of Influencer Marketing
Influencer marketing is an integral part of every Brand’s holiday marketing strategy. 61.4% of the global population actively uses social media. Additionally, 68% of users follow their favorite Brands for exclusive updates on these platforms. Brands must adapt to the boom of social commerce (or selling on social media) by establishing their presence on relevant platforms through influencer marketing.
Forming Strategic Partnerships
Your Brand is as unique as a snowflake. Pair it with one-of-a-kind Creators this holiday season, and reach your target audience with sales-driving collaborations. Here are a few of the benefits you can expect to glean:
Authenticity: 69% of people trust the recommendations of influencers. This is because they are real people with relatable opinions.
Reach: Influencers have engaged followings, which can help you reach a wider audience than traditional marketing channels. Brands that partner with large influencers see a 9.2% higher return on investment.
Targeting: 61% of consumers prefer relatable content from influencers. You can partner with influencers whose followers align with your target audience so your message resonates with the right people.
Conversions: Influencer marketing has been shown to be very effective at driving sales, especially during the holiday season. On average, you can expect to see a conversion rate of 3.3% for your influencer marketing campaigns.
Holiday Influencer Marketing for E-commerce Brands
E-commerce Brands can greatly benefit from influencer marketing, especially during the holiday season. 47% of Brand marketers sell directly through social media, and 27% of shoppers prefer discovering Brands through social media. Here are a few ways you can fuel social commerce for your business this holiday season:
Focus on gift guides. Many shoppers rely on gift guides to discover gift ideas for their loved ones. Partner with influencers to create gift guides that feature your products or services.
Offer exclusive discounts and promotions. Influencers can offer their followers exclusive discounts and promotions on your products. This will incentivize people to buy from your Brand.
Host giveaways and contests. Giveaways and contests engage your audience and generate excitement for your Brand. Collaborate with influencers to host giveaways and contests where their followers can win prizes from your store.
Use social commerce features. Many social media platforms now offer social commerce features that allow users to purchase products directly from the app. Make sure your products are integrated with social commerce features like TikTok Shop and Instagram Shop so people can easily buy them from influencer posts.
Mark Your Marketing Calendars
From hiring the right influencers to scheduling content, a lot goes into coordinating your holiday influencer marketing campaigns. It’s important to start planning early. Here are some key dates to keep in mind and on your calendar this 2023 season:
Green Monday: December 11, 2023
Hanukkah: December 18-26, 2023
Christmas Eve: December 24, 2023
Christmas Day: December 25, 2023
Kwanzaa: December 26, 2023 to January 1, 2024
New Year’s Eve: December 31, 2023
New Year’s Day: January 1, 2024
Launch Your Influencer Marketing Campaign
Now that you’re organized, it’s time to bring your campaigns to life. Use this checklist to build successful holiday influencer marketing campaigns:
- Set clear goals for your campaigns. What do you want to achieve? Increased brand awareness? More website traffic? More sales? Include these goals in your campaign.
- Identify your target audience. Who are you trying to reach with your campaigns? Keep this demographic in mind when choosing your influencer collaborators.
- Select the right influencers. Partner with influencers whose followers align with your target audience and whose values match those of your Brand.
- Factor in time for content revision and approval. While it is important to trust the influencer’s creative process, it is also important the content aligns with your Brand guidelines.
- Measure your return on investment by tracking results. You can track the results of your Glewee campaigns through your interactive dashboard.
Turning Influencer Content into Paid Ads
By turning influencer content into paid ads, Brands can blend into the native feeds of consumers. Many Brands prefer UGC for their paid ads as it yields greater conversion rates, higher returns on advertising spend (ROAS), and lower costs per acquisition of a customer (CPAS) than traditional advertisements. Here’s how you can repurpose influencer content on Meta and TikTok this holiday season:
Repurpose Content for Paid Ads on Meta
Once you’ve acquired influencer content, you can repurpose it in paid ads on Meta (Facebook and Instagram). This is a strategic way to reach a wider audience and amplify your results.
How to repurpose influencer content for paid ads on Meta:
- Choose the right content. Not all influencer content is created equal. When selecting content for paid ads, choose high-quality, engaging, and relevant pieces that appeal to your target audience.
- Format the content for ads. Meta has specific requirements for ad formatting. Be sure to format your content according to these requirements before uploading it to Meta Ads Manager.
- Target your ads. Meta Ads Manager allows you to target your ads to specific demographics, interests, and behaviors. This ensures that your ads are seen by those most likely to interact with them.
- Set a budget and schedule. Once you have targeted your ads, set a budget and schedule. This will determine how much you spend on your ads and when your target audience sees them.
Repurpose Content for Paid Ads on TikTok
You can also repurpose influencer content in paid ads on TikTok. Doing so lets you reach a younger audience and boost your Brand awareness.
When repurposing influencer content for paid ads on TikTok, be sure to:
- Use eye-catching visuals. TikTok is a visual platform, so using high-quality images and videos in your ads is important.
- Keep your ads short and sweet. TikTok users have short attention spans, so it’s important to get your message across in 15 seconds or less.
- Add a call to action. Tell viewers what you want them to do, whether visiting your website, following you on social media, or making a purchase.
Optimization Strategies for Success
Maximize the impact of your holiday influencer marketing campaigns by applying these optimization strategies:
- Track your results. Use Glewee’s analytics tools to track your campaign results and see what’s working and what’s not.
- Make adjustments as needed. Once you have some data, you can adjust your campaigns to improve your results.
- Scale your campaigns. If your campaigns are performing well, you can scale them up by working with more influencers or increasing your budget.
Give Your Team the Gift of Glewee
Let Glewee be your Brand’s little helper. With Glewee on your marketing team, building, running, and measuring influencer marketing campaigns is the easiest part of your holiday season. Simply sign up for free and begin collaborating with Brand-fit Creators in minutes. We look forward to being your lucrative liaison all year round.